Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My Favourite Things

My Favourite Things
Category: Blogging

Nothing new to report. :-/

Instead, a list of 20 of my favourite things presented NOT in order of importance. These are physical things rather than moments or activities. (Trying to tone down the emotional content of this blog for the moment.)


1. Arbutus tree.

The Arbutus tree grows in only two places in the world: an island in the southern hemisphere, and on the southwest coast of British Columbia. The thin, reddish bark peels to reveal younger smooth greenish to cinnamon red bark underneath. The branches twist and turn toward the sun and the sea.

For some reason whenever I see an Arbutus tree I always feel at home.

2. Orchids

There's something mysterious and sexy about orchids. They come in an amazing array of colours.

3. Secret gardens

There's no denying the romance.

4. Ponds

A relaxing place to be on a sunny summer day.

5. Koi

For the pond, of course.

6. Bird of Paradise

As varied and exotic as orchids.

7. Maine Coon Cats

They combine the best qualities of a cat and a dog.

8. Cinnamon buns

From Cinzeo or Cinnabon.

9. Fish & Chips

The secret is find a place where the oil is changed frequently and a light batter is used, preferably a beer batter. Fish & chips should be light, not greasy. Moby Dick in White Rock, or Charlie Don't Surf if you don't mind the slow service.

10. Banana split

You can't go wrong with fruit, ice cream and chocolate!

11. Black licorice ice cream

The best black licorice ice cream in the lower mainland is found at Dairy Delight in the Lonsdale Quay. In White Rock: Andy's Gourmet Desserts & Ice Cream Café or Seaside Scoops.

12. Coca-Cola

I bought the phone in Las Vegas.

13. Bathtubs

For long, hot soaks, of course.

14. Cinnamon & ginger, peppermint & spearmint

Okay, that's four things.

15. 50s Diners

I just like them. {shrug}

16. Chrysler 300M

A great touring car. I'd like to take mine down the West Coast to California one day soon.

17. Ambleside Beach and Park

In the summer I spend as much time here as possible.

18. White Rock

I'd like to live in this area. Small town feel close to the big city.

19. Vancouver Island

And I'd like to have a cottage on the Island.

20. Cirque du Soleil

I've seen four shows lives (3 in Vancouver, 1 in Las Vegas) and three more on TV or DVD. I really want to see "O." The circus is my not-so-secret love, and my inspiration.

No comments: